Now it's easy to install Coinremitter opencart extension into your opencart store. We have created this guide for merchants so they can easily understand the coinremitter integration process on their opencart store.
Requirements for integration
- For the Integration process of Coinremitter opencart extension, users must require to have Opencart version 3.0+
- If you don’t have an account on Coinremitter, then make sure to make it one. Signup
Installation of plugin
- First! Download coinremitter opencart plugin in ocmod from opencart marketplace (downloaded file name will be coinremitter.ocmod.zip)
- Go to opencart admin left panel -> Extensions -> installer -> click on upload -> select coinremitter.ocmod.zip from your path and upload it.
- Go to opencart admin left panel -> Extensions -> Extensions -> select 'Payments' from "choose the extension type" dropdown. You will see all payment methods extension there. Find 'Coinremitter' and click on '+' at the end of the same line to install it.
- Now, go to opencart admin left panel -> Extensions -> Modification -> click refresh button (top right corner). You will see that 'coinremitter' menu will be added at the bottom of your opencart admin left panel.
- Greate!! Plugin installed in your opencart store, Follow below instructions to configure coinremitter.
- Go to admin panel left panel -> Extensions -> Extensions -> select 'payment' from "choose the extension type" selection. Find 'Coinremitter' payment extension and click on the edit button (pencil icon button) at the end of the same line to edit it.
- On that page, you will find Configuration options.
- In the 'Edit Coinremitter' box, you will see multiple options to fill in.
- Extension Status. Make sure it is Enabled.
- Title which will display to the user on the checkout page
- Description option, you can add some notes to tell your customer some meaningful things before the customer makes any step during checkout.
- Exchange Rate. The default is 1. It is a price multiplier. Let's say if you set it to 1.10 then price in cryptocurrency will increase by 10%. and for a 5% discount, you can set it 0.95 in this text box.
- Set Invoice Expiry. It is in minutes. So if you set to value 30 then the created invoice will be expired after 30 minutes.
- Order status. When Customers successfully make payment using cryptocurrency, the order status will change to this
Create a Wallet
Click Coinremitter menu on the left panel of admin panel
- You’ll find the Add Wallet button on the top right corner of the page. Click on it.
- After clicking on the add wallet a new page will appear where you’ll see multiple options like Coin, API key, Password.
- In the first option of Coin select your coin from which you want to add your crypto wallet.
- Now go to Coinremitter website and login to your account and get your API key from there. If you find any trouble to get your API key and password then click here to get the idea.
- Get back to the Opencart coinremitter page and select one of your Coin. Paste API key in the box and fill your Password in the box.
- Click on the Save on the top right of the page.
How to make Payment
After completing the above steps you can test first order using Test Coin.
- Now add some product in your cart and navigate to the checkout page. Select Payment Method "Payment With Cryptocurrency". If you have modified title text in the coinremitter configuration page then it will display as an option here. Click on the continue button
- Now you can select coin that you want to pay by it. Make sure you have added a wallet in your opencart admin panel. Follow the above guide if you haven't added a wallet.
- On the very next moment, the system will automatically create an Invoice which will appear on your screen
- Copy Payment address from generated invoice and pay the exact amount from another wallet. Once you transfer to this address, it requires enough confirmation to mark the order as paid. It will automatically redirect to the success page once payment is confirmed on the blockchain. And you will see the following screen
- Congratulations! You have now successfully paid for your product.
Check order details
- Go to your Admin Panel menu and click on Sales, dropdown opens, and click on Orders.
- Once you reach the Orders page you will see your multiple orders list. Select one of these orders. Make sure that the order is paid using the coinremitter payment option.
- Click on the view from one order and you will be redirected to the order view page.
- Scroll down to Order History. In the History tab, you can see the details about payment in the comment column.
Now you are ready to accept cryptocurrency payment on your opencart website. Don't forget to remove Test Coin wallet from your admin panel and add another coin wallet other than test coin